Drinking cranberry juice on a regular basis is one of the best ways of getting many antioxidants into your system. The fruit itself also contains vitamins, bio-flavonoids and minerals that can do wonders for your health. Choosing to incorporate cranberry juice into your diet is the easy decision. Finding the right one for you is a little more difficult.
To help you sort through all of the options without having to buy and try all of the different kinds of juice for yourself, we have developed this comprehensive guide. Explore our tips, information about the most popular juices and expert reviews.
What to Look For
- Bottled Juice (Cocktail). The cranberry juice that you can drink straight out of the bottle would fall into this category. Often referred to as a juice cocktail, this is an option with more sugar. While you can get pure cranberry juice in this form, it is very bitter and is used for health reasons more than pleasure.
- Concentrate. The cranberry concentrate is stronger, more compact, and often purer than any other form of cranberry juice. This is the purest form of the juice that you can find. All you need to do is add water and any sweetener if you would like. This is the best cranberry juice for treating urinary tract issues and for lowering the amount of sugar.
- Mixes.If you are drinking cranberry juice for health reasons then you might not necessarily like the often-tart taste of pure cranberry juice. This is where the blends or mixes come in handy. Cranberry juice is often mixed with other berry juices to add sweetness and make for a more rounded flavor. This does, however, often mean that there is more added sugar (real and artificial alike).
Top 10 Cranberry Juices Table
How to Get the Perfect Cranberry Juice for Your Needs
- Consider the Amount of Sugar. Cranberries have a tart taste and generally, a lot of sugar is added to make the drink more enjoyable. Consider how sweet you like your juice and whether or not you are willing to cope with the inconvenience of a concentrate.
- Calorie Counter. No one wants added calories in their diet. There are ways to get the delicious cranberry juice you are craving without the guilt. Consider the diet options as well as the pure juices.
- Additives. The ingredients that are added to your juice should enhance the taste without hindering your health. The best cranberry juice will be pure but the next best would be a juice that doesn’t have preservatives or GMOs.
Top 3 Best Cranberry Juices Reviews
Langers Juice Cocktail is a combination of cranberry and raspberry juice that is the closest you will get to have a guilt-free juice that doesn’t compromise the flavor. The juice itself is gluten free, contains no preservative, GMO ingredients, or high fructose corn syrup. Whether you are health conscious, looking out for your waistline or have allergies, this is a great juice for everyone.
The juice is very tasty with just the right amount of sweetness. Even though it is flavorful, it can still be watered down and be tasty if you are concerned about children drinking juice. This doesn’t have the normal bitterness that comes with cranberry juice as it is a blend. This is a positive for some and a negative for others so definitely worth noting before you buy.
Considering the price, this is a more affordable option in terms of cranberry juice. As it is a blend, however, you get the health benefits of the cranberry without having to mix it yourself with soda or other juices if you don’t enjoy the taste.
The Dynamic Health – Cranberry Juice Concentrate is the real deal. This is not one of those super sugary mixtures that you would get to keep in the fridge for the whole family. As this is a concentrate, it needs to be prepared and mixed with water and sweetener to taste. This is not the most convenient way to get your juice, but it is one of the healthier and more low-calorie methods.
This is pure cranberry juice. This means that there is nothing in the juice itself that will negatively affect your health. Thus, it is a great solution for anyone that is looking to treat a urinary tract infection with cranberry juice without the added sugars.
This is a good option too for anyone that is limited on space. The smaller bottle has a huge number of servings inside when mixed with water and it is easy to store. The taste is not overly sweet or tart either. It is lightly sweet and is the more economical and space–friendly best way to have the juice you like.
Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry is the light and refreshing cranberry juice you have always wanted without the added and very unwanted calories. This is a tasty juice that only has 5 calories per serving. Whether you are fighting a urinary tract infection or need a mixer for your home bar, this is the best cranberry juice your money can buy.
This is a juice cocktail, which means it is ready to go right from the bottle. This is obviously convenient and means that this juice more than competes with the concentrates in terms of health.
It should be noted that this juice is kept in the perfect flavor combination because there are non-sugar sweeteners added. This is part of the reason for the fewer calories but could also pose a problem for anyone that is sensitive to sweeteners like those with GI reaction issues.